Fighting between Armenia and Azerbaijan broke out on Sunday over the region of Nagorno-Karabakh.
At least 32 separatist soldiers from the Armenia-backed Nagorno-Karabakh region had been killed in the flare-up of violence since Sunday morning, the separatists’ Defence Ministry said on Monday.
Azerbaijan has not announced any number for military losses.
However, the loss of life could be high, with both sides claiming to have inflicted hundreds of casualties on the other, Euronews reported.
European Council President Charles Michel tweeted that the fighting was of “serious concern.” “Military action must stop, as a matter of urgency, to prevent a further escalation,” Michel said.